If you are interested in getting involved in a new sport or simply just want to have fun with friends, badminton at Gateway North East is the place to be. This traditional game has been given a very modern twist with new fun ways of practising your badminton skills and floor stomping music to get the adrenaline pumping… welcome ‘Smash Up Badminton’. We are also affiliated with Badminton England.
Location: Monday 8-9pm Houghton Sports Complex (main sports hall), Station Rd, Houghton le Spring DH4 5AH, Telephone 0191 553 6465
If you like to join us or want further information on the badminton we run please contact Laura Fearn at firstname.lastname@example.org
Boccia is a Paralympic sport, similar to bouls. Boccia can be played by individuals, pairs, or in teams of three. All events are mixed gender. The aim of the game is to throw leather balls coloured red or blue, as close as they can to a white target ball, or jack.
Our boccia club is called ‘Gateway North East’ and is made up of young people from the North East of England. We work in association with Boccia England and compete regularly in regional and national events. We welcome all ages from reception age upwards.
- Anyone is able to attend, whether they have a disability or not.
- Parents are welcome to accompany children.
- We also encourage our members to train as boccia coaches and referees and offer support to those who attend Boccia England training events.
- We are hoping to start boccia at a new venue at Chadca in Newcastle, and North Tyneside and also some in the East Durham area.
- We play boccia at various venues throughout the north east
Please feel free to view the Boccia Members Handbook, by clicking ‘here’.
Our Swimming Group ‘Sunderland Gateway SC’ has been running for a number of years now and has grown substantially over this time. . We are affiliated to the Amateur Swimming Accociation, North East Counties, Northumberland and Durham Swimming Association, as well as the Swimming Teachers Association. We offer opportunities for young people of various abilities to learn how to swim, or gain further experience in a safe environment. We pride ourselves on being able to deliver high quality swimming sessions on a one to one basis, at a reasonable price.
- We welcome all ages from 3 years upwards.
- Anyone is able to attend,we are disability focussed but not exclusive
- Each lesson is half an hour in duration and is taught on a 1 to 1 ratio with one of our qualified coaches.
- Each half hour sessions costs £7
- Lessons will be taught by a qualified swimming coach, working within the Amateur Swimming Association teaching plan for swimming. Awards are given accordingly.
- Depending upon availability, there may also be lane swimming/ coaching available for people who are more confident in the water
- A Level Two qualified coach will always be available to provide instructions on stroke technique and building fitness levels to enable participation in competitions and swimming competitions, if you wish to enter any of these.
- We also run various swimming related actitivites during holiday schemes- such as flowrider, aquarun, water fun and swimming lessons by arrangement.
Our coaches are also available to do one to one swimming with young people in pubic swimming sessions to help them learn how to be ain a public environment which often helps children to prepare for family holidays.
|Saturday||12.30-3.30pm||Sandhill View School, Grindon Lane, Sunderland, Tyne and Wear SR3 4EN, 0191 553 8862|
Would you like to Join? If so, we currently have a number of places available for swimming lessons. For more information or if you have any questions please contact Gary Myers; Email: email@example.com